Tuesday, March 25, 2008

So much

There is so so much I want to share and talk about, but so much has gone out my head AND I'm going to get shunted off the computer in a minute to let my mum use the phone...(please, God, broadband soon!)
So...what have I been thinking about?
The one thing I can think of just now is that if I believed in God I would have trouble trusting him with the stuff in my life, because if things went wrong then I think I would end up not wanting to have a relationship with God because what's the point if things screw up that you asked him to take care of? Hmm...that's actually making me upset just now. Meh.
Hmm...what else? The one meeting that I went to on Easter sunday reinstated my faith in the army again, don't quite know how or why but it has. Saying that, it will probably falter again at some point. Guess that's life.
What else? Oh, if you could dig right into a human soul, what would you find? Goodness or badness?
Anyway, sorry this hasn't been very exciting, wish I had permanent access to this thing so I could write down everything that I think!!
Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok steph,
1. shit happens in life - i know that really sucks but i'll expand later.
2. we all need something to hold on to - like mistletoe growing from an oak tree.
3. faith makes you stronger.

can you name anyone whose fath hasn't wandered one tiny bit? i sure can't. my grandma was one of the most religious people i knew, including you guys, yet her faith wandered after having my uncle (down's syndrome) yet in the weeks before she passed away she turned to God with true faith.

i'm glad that you are once again happy with thr salvation army's beliefs.

as for the human soul, i believe that no one is truly good or even completely evil. we are all shades of grey and that goes for situations too.

i don't believe in coincidences either, stuff happens for a reason. perhaps you would see that as a message from God, maybe he doesn't want you to go through a long and agonising period of life and would rather that you endured a short term of unhappiness. that may not be true but, again, thats only my point of view.

i've put some songs and poetry on my blog so i hope you'll have a wee lookie sometime soon.

don't let revision get you down!

Sarah x